VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
25 HOUR FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY
FOR VINYASA YOGA
This brand new course offers a comprehensive Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training for already qualified yoga teachers.
The intention of this course is to refresh the basics of skeletal variation for all major joint complexes in the human skeleton, as well as the actions required in the soft tissues of the body for when we are practicing a yang style of yoga.
Yoga Alliance approved, this training aims to build confidence in teachers when cueing yoga sequence from a functional rather than aesthetic intention.
A functional intention allows a room full of yoga students to discover their own body and how to find their personal version of traditional yoga asanas.
By applying this functional intention, this training also aims to continue offering vinyasa yoga in an accessible and inclusive format, rather than a prescriptive 'one size fits all' format.
The course offers a comprehensive presentation of human anatomy, as well as discussion style conversation around important topics such as:
- Why do we stabilise our joints?
- When to give options in a sequence and when to give a universal cue
- How do skeletal variations and physical proportions impact a yoga asana
- Compression as a healthy inclusion of physical movements
- Do you really understand what you are saying with your cues
- Can you start to find your own language for common cues
- Being mindful of cueing the students according to what you feel in the posture.
- What is the intention of the asana as opposed to "what it should look like?"
Exercising Yin vs Yang Tissues in the Body
Skeletal Variation & Range of Motion in Joints
The Knee and Ankle
The Elbow and Wrist
Participants must have a minimum certification of 200-hour foundational yoga teacher training and a minimum of three full days attendance in order to receive certification.
The following texts are not compulsory for the training; however, they are excellent texts to support your anatomy learning if you would like some extra preparation and post-training references:
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Your Body Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
Continued Professional Development points (CPD) are available for this training through both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia.
25 Hour Functional Anatomy
Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Melbourne
Australian Yoga Academy
42 Clifton Street, Prahran
6.30 - 7.30pm Friday 9th July
Online via Zoom: Meet & Greet
2 x Weekends
11am – 5pm Saturday & Sunday
10th, 11th, 17th & 18th